Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Glorius Day - Janus

Janus wins at the SCOTUS!

I hate unions, with a passion.  But the one thing I hate more than unions is being FORCED to join one against my will.

Forced unionism  prima facie runs smack up against the 1st Amendment's protection of the right of association.  And no, the whole, "well you don't have to join the union, just pay us a bunch of money anyway" isn't a sufficient fig leaf.

Janus was decided on Free Speech though.  Sure, forcing someone to pay for political activities he opposes is also clearly unconstitutional (Despite what 4 robed activists might otherwise think) but it's a secondary argument.  If you can't force me to associate, you can't force me to pay.


Regardless, it's a major victory for freedom and the Constitution.

As for the Unions. Bite me!

Now my dad loved the union, but they actually earned that.  They earned it by funding their own retirement system.  They earned it, not demanded it.

For everyone who thinks a union is a good thing, earn it.  Because it's going to be voluntary association, and if you want people to associate, you better make it worth their while.

No comments: