Monday, May 19, 2008

ASU Strikes Again

So, I was trying to navigate ASU's new incomprehensible on line system. Seriously, it took me 20 minutes to find my grades. I need my grades because I can not get my reimbursement check without them. While doing so I discovered that the department has signed me up for a course where I am supposed to take one of the two research papers I have written and expand it to 20 pages in preparation for the oral comprehensive exam.

Only one problem, I was admitted to the Ph.D. program over winter break, so I have only done one research rotation. Apparently this has upset their standard schedule. So, now I either have to expand my single paper or remind them that, no, I wasn't admitted to the piled higher and deeper program until winter.

Proof that one can be brilliant in ones chosen field, but have no clue when it comes to running a program.

No comments: