Wednesday, January 7, 2009
The Crimes of Eric Holder
An open letter to Senator John Kyl
Dear Senator Kyl,
I am writing to you not only because you are my senator, but because of your position on the Senate Judiciary Committee, which will shortly be holding conformation hearings for the President Elect's nominee for the position of Attorney General.
While I general I believe that a President should be allowed to pick the members of his cabinet, the Advise and Consent function of the Senate exists for a very good reason, namely to prevent such an unqualified person as Eric Holder from assuming such an important office.
Holder's blatant disregard for both the United States Constitution, basic human rights, and the rule of law clearly disqualify him from the position of Attorney General.
* As a Federal Prosecutor, Holder refused to prosecute FBI sniper Lon Horiuchi or any of his superiors for the murder of Vicky Weaver at Ruby Ridge.
* As Deputy Attorney General under Janet Reno, Holder was in charge of defending and covering up for the government in the Waco Massacre.
* Holder was the official in charge of the Elian Gonzales affair and ordered the pre-dawn SWAT raid to seize the 6-year old Cuban refugee from the home of relatives who had legal custody of the boy.
* After the terrorist attacks of 9-11, in which the terrorists used box-knives and airplanes as their weapons, Holder called for new restrictions on firearms sales and transfers.
* In the Heller case, Holder signed on to an amicus brief arguing in support of the DC gun ban and the “collective right” theory of the Second Amendment.
* Holder has called for federal investigation of every firearm transfer – even between relatives – and the registration and licensing of all firearm and firearm owners.
* Holder has called for federal restrictions and controls on the internet and limits on internet speech and privacy as well.
* Holder handled Clinton’s pardon of a group of Puerto Rican terrorists who murdered a number of people in New York City as well as the pardon of billionaire tax evader Marc Rich.
* Holder has been an outspoken advocate of stricter gun control, greater government control, and more police powers – though he opposes the death penalty, supports closing down the Guantanamo Bay detention facility, and opposes any kind of “harsh” interrogation techniques.
Taken together, Holder's lifelong record indicates an individual who under no circumstances should be allowed to obtain the position of Attorney General for the United States. I would ask you to do everything in your power to block this nomination from coming to a vote on the floor of the Senate, including mounting a filibuster if necessary.
Mark E. Horning
Feel free to use any part of this you like when talking to your representatives. The list of Eric Holders crimes comes from Jeff Knox.