Tuesday, October 12, 2010

And Shuffle off this Mortal Coil

Mood = indescribable

A friend of mine was shot dead last night. He was shot dead by his own son, who then turned the gun on himself.

News Article Here

Jeff was one of the first people I met at the Air Force Laboratory when I started there. He and another fellow had a telescope set up in the back parking lot and were watching mercury transit the sun. Jeff loved astronomy, and wrote all of the ephemeris software for the NVTS program.

He worked for a satellite company for a while before coming back to the lab and he was one of the folks who came to my going-away lunch. He shall be missed, and it still does not feel real.

3 comments:

AnarchAngel said...

Shit man, I'm sorry. I've been there.

TJIC said...

Oh my God, the poor mother.

My heart goes out to everyone touched by this.

Best of luck.

Aretae said...

Mark,

So sorry.