Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Back from DC

Well I'm back from visiting Ft. Belvoiur and DC. Initial thoughts: people in DC drive worse than in the SF Bay area. Second thought, these guys have some of the worst signage, and worst designed interchanges of just about anywhere.

Got done with the army around 10:00, and my flight wasn't until 17:00 so I took the opportunity to hit the Smithsonian. The air and Space museum hasn't changed much since the lat time I was there 15 years ago, basically proving that we have been stuck in low-earth-orbit for decades now. (and we can;t even do that anymore) Blew through that museum in about 2 hours, so I hiked over to the Natural history museum for an hour.

The Natural History museum is pretty nice. Wonderful mineralogy collection, and they have a newer exhibit on "human origins" that was at least well put together. The Home Diamond is surprisingly unimpressive.

No comments: